Pages

Monday, February 17, 2020

Good grief

Colds that linger are so annoying. It is funny how people react, drawing back in horror; because nobody wants it. I read that there are approximately 200 different cold viruses which is why we never seem to get ahead by becoming immune to one. Still, it's better than influenza by a mile.

I've been watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on netflix. Still fun and I've always found Dick Van Dyke to be delightful, but there's a lot more singing than I remember.

The best news of late is that the chickens are laying again! I wanted to give them a chance to be more natural this year so didn't even run the extension cord out to supplement the light. There were a couple months with very, very few eggs, but now I know that mid-February is when they get enough sunshine to kick in the start of springtime laying.

I also got an email that my seed order has shipped - a sure sign of SPRING.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I don't think we'll ever get to a point where we eliminate colds. You're right about being a lot better than influenza~! My girls have finally started laying more, too, thank goodness. Since I refuse to buy store eggs, it's slim pickings through winter. I sure hope the rodent was right and that we will have an early spring - we need it!