Pages

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Is Leap Day/Night like a full moon?

The ER was borderline crazy tonight. It would have been handy to be Beeblebrox with the two heads and an extra pair of hands would be ok too. After the late afternoon rush, the on-call doctor said he hoped not to see me again today. That didn't work as more patients appeared and he got called back in. Ah well, hopefully tomorrow night will be tranquil in comparison.

Then, on the drive home I saw TWO raccoons on the edge of town. That's bad when the town is only three streets wide. I took the flashlight and carefully felt my way down the hill that has turned into an ice ramp to make sure the chickens were ok and locked up for the night. It's starting to resemble a mud pit in their pen. I'll admit to smiling about the mud though; it's a necessary stage to get to spring and gardening season.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Never a good sign to see two raccoons when you have chickens! I hope you got to relax over the weekend - sounds like you need it!

tpals said...

No relaxing, the ER was crazy busy all weekend. Now, I have a couple days off and will enjoy every minute of it!