Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Aaaaah

Three days since my leave from the hospital started and I'm already so much more relaxed.

I've been keeping an eye on work emails; funnily enough, although there were many attempts to guilt/shame me for inconveniencing them, now they are asking for volunteers to take time off.

The weather can't decide if it wants to rain, sleet or snow; so today it did all three. Definitely a good day to spend inside.

Not going to the store makes me very frugal with perishable foods. I picked through every grape to see which could be salvaged into a fruit salad. I also chopped up the last of the store-bought lettuce. I'm afraid there will be a sizable gap between eating the last of that and harvesting what I have planted so far.

One of the first things I did in my time off was to get out the hair clippers and try them out. I figured if I made a disaster that would give it more time to grow back before I returned to public. :) I learned it is very hard to cut the hair on the back of your own head and around the ears is tricky too. It looks a bit odd, but hopefully not too scary.

Other than that, I've been dreaming of the future garden, crocheting, reading and keeping an eye on the news.

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I don't think I've ever been wasteful regarding food or any other supplies, but I know what you mean about now thinking about what I'm using, what I have, and how long it will be before those thoughts aren't (possibly) vital.

Oh, cutting your own hair! That's something I know I'm not able to do without frightening small children! You're brave to have a go at it.

I'm at a point where keeping up with the latest news regarding this whole situation is causing me to be depressed and I'm trying to stay away from it now for a while. Other than knowing what's necessary . . . staying safe and such.

The Padre said...

Be Well And Continue To Relax This Weekend

Cheers