Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Panting...

Just came inside and checked the weather; yep, 100% humidity. That fits.

My parents live on a farm so I've been taking my chicks over there to raise during the summer. Sadly, the raccoons were killing them.

Last night I rescued the remaining chicks and brought them home. Quite an adjustment for them to come to a big, busy flock. I kept an eye on them today and nobody was harassing them. A couple hens wanted to foster them, but they're too independent although I noticed they tend to stay in two groups. The one thing they couldn't figure out was where to go tonight, so I spent half an hour in the dusk coaxing them into the coop. Such a feeling of relief when the last one hopped inside!

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

It's fortunate you have the option of relocating your chicks out of harm's way. I'm sure by now they're well adjusted to their new (predator-free) environment. Good move.