Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Here we go again

This is the view from my front door this morning.




Visibility drops off quickly and it's much worse out of town. I'm fortunate to have even a small town between the house and the northwest winds. I made a quick trip to the post office this morning and the streets were already drifting. There seems to be a trend for Saturday storms going on here. As long as the power stays on we'll be fine.
School is out until after the new year. Lucky kids.
Neither of us is much in a Christmas mood this year. We decided not even to bother putting up the tree. R hasn't been able to find an after school job (the nearest town is suffering from layoffs) so he doesn't have any money to buy gifts.
My company Christmas party was a joke. Even though they made record sales of over $100 million the party consisted of cookies, cider and donated gifts from around town. I was one of the 'lucky' ones to get a gift....a promotional sun visor from a trucking company that went out of business two years ago. I am underwhelmed.

No comments: