Pages

Friday, January 10, 2020

It only takes a moment

Have you experienced that instant when, just as you do something, you realize it was a mistake? I've only been getting one or two eggs a day so I pop them in my pocket while doing chores. Today I noticed the door hadn't latched properly so I leaned into it while closing and the moment I did I said "Well, that was stupid." Now my coat is hanging in front of the stove so the pocket can dry. Sigh.

I woke up with a headache thanks to the new weather front moving in. Cloudy, temps dropping and snow expected. But if I can just get through today I have the weekend off.

Why is one crabby person more exhausting than a crowd of pleasant people? There weren't many patients last night, but one I would have traded for twenty normal people.

On a cheerful note, I picked up some cabbages on sale at the store last night. There are some very happy chickens in my coop this morning.

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Our chickens are just now coming out from a l-o-n-g molt and starting to lay again. Unfortunately, we're in another very cold snap and it was disappointing to collect two very frozen eggs today. :o(

You make a good point. Why can one crabby, unpleasant person have such an effect on us? One rotten apple can spoil the whole barrel??

Susan said...

Been there, done that. Unfortunately, way more than once. This weather is crazy - it was 8 degrees Thursday morning, then 60 on Saturday with gale force winds. You are so right - those squeaky wheels take up all the air in a room. Hope you had a good weekend (without crabby anything).