Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Foot extensor tendonitis

I have some good photos to make a nice post. Unfortunately, they are on my desktop so are out of reach at the moment. Soon, though, I will make that nice post.

I'm making this post so I have a record for the next time I get a symptom like this, I will remember it better. For the record: there was no injury to cause this. Monday my foot started twinging a little and by Tuesday it was full-blown pain across the top with swelling and redness. I can't walk, only lurch around. I've learned to plan everything around bathroom trips; changing out the ice pack, refilling my water, putting some snacks in a bag to take back to the chair I now live in.

Crutches would have helped and I have a pair, but as they are in the basement they might as well be on the moon. I am going to make some storage adjustments when this is over. I use a sturdy support to get to the kitchen, the only non-carpeted room, there I scoot around on my desk chair, then on to another support to reach the bathroom. Aleve helps with the swelling and an unlaced, cushioned shoe offers some stability.

Today was day 5 and it is measurably less painful. If the improvement continues, maybe I can take a shower soon! My neighbor has stepped in on the chicken chores and I'm grateful and happy to have her take the eggs.

Better soon!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like gout, Ouch

Mama Pea said...

Ouch! And what a way to bring your whole life to a screeching halt! Glad to hear it's a little less painful, and I hope whatever the cause is on its way out of your body and never returns!

tpals said...

No joint pain, so gout seems unlikely.

I took a shower! What a wonderment just feeling clean is. Crocheting like mad and trying not to look at the dirty laundry pile. :)

Leigh said...

Oh no! It's hard when there seems to be no describable cause. I'm glad it's better and hope it improves rapidly.I'm sure your chickens miss you!