Pages

Friday, April 24, 2020

New arrivals

My chicks started hatching Tuesday evening...Yay!

But that meant today I needed to set up their cage with water, feed and heat; all of which were in the basement. Long story short: I got the equipment hauled up and 13 babies are out of the incubators and busy doing chicky things. I love watching them sleep.

13 chicks (so far) is a very low hatch rate, indicating that Galahad has probably decided to retire from the chasing hens part of his duties.

Not so surprising, my foot is stiff and achy tonight, making it impossible to sleep.

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

Uh-oh, too much action for you going up and down the stairs to get the chick equipment set up. But we do what needs to be done when we need to do it. Sigh. Probably not a good "healing" tactic, but the chicks obviously needed their nursery quarters. Gosh, I've NEVER done anything like that. Okay, let me tell you a story . . . ;o]