Pages

Monday, April 20, 2020

Still limping

But also, still improving. Note I can now describe it as limping with a cane as opposed to lurching.

My parents are amazing people. I had set up the incubators in the basement, but the time had come to remove the eggs from the turners (if they hatch their legs can be injured by being caught by the motorized turner). My parents came over and moved the incubators upstairs so I can reach them.

Passing the time while immobilized: Crochet projects - yes! The trouble is I can't read and crochet at the same time which leaves me looking for something to watch. It can't be too real and dramatic because there's too much of that going on all over the world right now. I watched Despicable Me last night. That's about the right level of drama for me. :)

I found Amazon/IMDB have shows that can be watched for free with ads. Fair enough; I can always hit the mute button for the commercials, but O M G, are people really getting paid to make those? I don't watch television so don't know if that is the standard for all ads, but all of these are either stupid or incredibly annoying. For example: after watching one for Alexa, I decided to never, EVER use it. Perhaps not the reaction they were aiming for.

On a related note; I've been watching an old sci-fi show called Fringe where the FBI is chasing down stuff straight out of a conspiracy nut's dreams. And then I read on the BBC that there are actually people who believe cell phone towers are spreading viruses...aha! I got it - those are the viewers the commercials are aimed at. Now it all makes sense. ;)

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Yes, limping is definitely a step up (pun not intended) from lurching. And much safer, too.

Susan said...

Oh, good grief~ I just caught up with your blog - I am so glad you're on the mend. It is no fun whatsoever to be laid up when you live alone. I think we are thinking along the same lines - time to bring out the artillery (ie health support apparatus) and put it within reaching distance. I can managed to 'read' and knit if it's an audio book. I hooked up to free audiobooks through the library on Libby. It's been a lifesaver. Hope you're up and about by the time the chicks hatch!