Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

IF

 If this is global warming, I hate it. Day after day of scorching heat and no rain. The grass is brown and crunchy and I spend the smallest amount of time outside that I can. Even inside my little window air conditioner can only bring the temp down to 80. Since anything over 74 is uncomfortably hot, I am not happy.

I asked my mom what the summer equivalent of hibernating is and she said 'coma'. It's true. All day I sit doing needlepoint. It was after midnight when I finally vacuumed last night. Sigh, still haven't done the dishes. 

Someone remind me of this if I complain about the cold this winter. :) 

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

I know this sounds totally nutsy, but I've often fantasized about living in a land where we had summer one day (great for growing the garden and warm weather recreation) and the alternating day having winter (good for snuggling inside in front of the fire doing handwork or reading and X-country skiing for exercise). I know I'd be much better at tolerating days of extreme heat and bone-chilling cold. Talk about a balanced life! Absolutely impossible, of course, but worth the dream. ;o)