Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Rain dance?

 I'm watching the radar tonight. There is a respectable storm building out west. Please, please, please send rain.

Yesterday I got a text from my neighbor that some of the chickens were out. Confirmed; five teenagers were running amok in the sheep pasture. Of course they weren't going to listen to me so I waited for dusk. Back and forth I went with a flashlight and couldn't find them until...I looked in the coop. There they were, innocent as could be, roosting for the night. I tightened up the fence where it had sagged a bit and today the miscreants stayed in. 

The first batch of chicks are young adults now; there was even a pullet egg today. The second batch are the aforementioned teens and the latest are children, still hanging around mom, but also exploring on their own.

It's a pretty good life.

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

A pullet egg from your first hatch of chicks already? Good for them. (And you!)

Susan said...

I am so behind my blog-reading! I hope you did get the rain - we are finally getting some, now that my garden is finished for the year. I think the teenage stage in chickens is my favorite age. And I LOVE pullet eggs. I am so tempted to add to my flock, but I promised myself I would not add to my work this year. Dang.