Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Talking turkey

 Sorry about the poor picture, it was the best I could do.



Yesterday I found this turkey trying to get into the chicken pen. I finally let her in so she would be safe from dogs and get some food and water. She spent the night in a tree and flew out again this morning. I wish her safe journeys.

Sadly, that's the most exciting thing to happen lately. I had completely recovered from the stress fracture in my foot from early summer, but didn't know the other foot was jealous of the attention. I've been hobbling around for a couple weeks; back in the boot. :(

Other than that I am slowly bringing in the apples and firewood. Stay home. Stay safe.

3 comments:

Mama Pea said...

You no doubt put undue stress and pressure on your "good" foot while hobbling around trying to heal the stress fracture. Geesh and darn! Seems one thing compounds another. So frustrating for you, I'm sure. Hang in there.

Leigh said...

I'm sorry to hear about your other foot! So hard to do things when something is wrong with the feet.

Interesting about the turkey. A wild bird? We once had a pigeon move into the chicken coop for several days. He(?) flew into the chicken yard, helped himself to scratch, inspected the chicken coop and decided it was perfectly fine to spend the night there for several nights. After he rested up, he went on his way. Never saw him again.

tpals said...

I don't know where the turkey came from, but it seems to like the chickens. It roosts in a tree over the pen but spends the days in the empty pasture beyond the fence. I'm a softy so have started giving it a scoop of feed over the fence.