Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Recommended for winter/lockdown viewing

 I have a deep dislike of watching ads, partly due to not watching television so not being exposed to constant commercials. I run an adblocker on my computer, but I know ads do help support videos. If I really want to be helpful, I mute the speakers, run a video with ads and go do something else while it plays.

Now I don't do social media, but thought I could share some of my favorites here and maybe others will post channels they watch and I will get more to explore.

1. This is a young British couple who are restoring a 1920's French home. They have wonderful decorating taste and are doing all the work themselves. I'll admit to finding the voice-over on the opening and closing of the videos grating, but the mute button solves that issue and there's nothing annoying about them. 

Peter and Anna

2. This one is a German fixing up an abandoned lake cabin. Definitely start at the beginning to watch the transformation. He has a soothing voice and speaks excellent English.

Renovation East

3. Bird whisperer. I love birds, especially my chickens, but this guy makes me look like someone who barely cares. Something to watch when the world feels harsh.

A Chick Called Albert

4. Somewhat an acquired taste, but I'm a fan. The videos of him painting famous pictures in 15 minutes are a great way for him and us to pass lockdown. Not to mention it introduced me to many artists I'd never heard of. He also does walking videos all over England.

Marek Larwood

5. Time Team episodes in order. I began watching a random episode and was hooked so I started back at the beginning. If you are interested in history and archaeology this is a great show. They spend three days at different sites. Sometimes they know what to expect and other times they are following up rumors and legends.

TIme Team playlists

1 comment:

Leigh said...

That's a good idea about turning down the speakers for ads. We used to mute the television during commercials back in the day we had television.

I don't really have any video channels that I watch, so I'm no help. I tend to use my spare computer time on genealogy.