Pages

Monday, November 2, 2020

Ye Olde Chair


This is my ratty old reading chair. My elbows have worn right through the leather and all the internal mechanisms have long since quit working. So why do I keep it? Besides that I hate change, it's comfortable and functional. It doesn't have to be pretty.

Something I have changed recently though is to add some boards under the chair base to raise it about 3 inches. This makes a small yet significant difference to how easy it is to stand up when my hips are being arthritic.

We are expecting a week of autumn temps instead of the nasty winter temps we were dealing with. I've got a few outdoor items to cross off my list and this is my chance.

I don't know what this week will bring so, if possible, stay home and stay safe.

3 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

You too! Good idea on the chair.

Mama Pea said...

Something doesn't have to be beautiful to be a thing of beauty. (Gaaahhh, does that make sense?) I say keep using and enjoying your chair for as long as you want.

We, too, are being given a week of warm temps. Well, up into the high 40s, low 50s anyway. What a reprieve for those outside chores that sill need to be done before Old Man Winter arrives again! Who knew we would have to wait for November for this?

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh I love a good chair to sit and read in - once I am in position it is difficult to get me to move.